There is an old saying that health is important than any other things. But most of the times we forget to take care of ourselves. Especially when it comes about the little things, but have you ever wonder or notice that each and every part of our body plays an important role? Without even a single fingertip we can be able to type a word. Same like this, the things which we ignore during our toughest and busiest schedules also become the reason for our severe infection, bacteria viral, and health issues and problems.
To continue this tail, there is no doubt heap even tons of articles which you can find it out on Google related to the medical facts, diseases, body parts, and so on and so forth. But as far as my research is concerned what I noticed that majority of the people take it as a light note when it comes about to clean and take care of their ears.
This ignorance simply converted on the serious ear infection which is in a medical term known as the acute otitis or bacterial infection. This can happen at any age person whether you are a child or grown up. Those who face this ear infection have to bear a lot of pain because of the inflammation and buildup middle ear fluids. So to consider all these facts and figures and after doing a general survey research today in this article, I am going to jot down the complete guide of Ear Infections. In which you can easily get aware yourself about all the symptoms, causes, signs, effects, and even remedies through which you can keep yourself away from this painful infection as well as take a right step at the right time when you are having any bacterial infection.
What are the symptoms of Ear infections?
So without any wastage of time, let's get the ball rolling and have a look on the very initial stage which is the symptoms through which you can easily examine that whether you have an ear infection or not.
So like other infections and diseases, this ear infection symptom is also different. Means there are different signs and symptoms for a child and a grown-up person.
1. Symptoms and Signs for Child:
So if your child is facing any;
- Ear pain especially when he or she is lying down
- Sleeping disorder
- Crying persistently
- Pulling or tugging
- Difficulty on responding the sounds
- Difficulty in responding
- Hearing issue
- Ceaselessly headache
- Drainage of fluid
- Loss of balance issue
- Appetite issue/ or loss of appetite
- Continuously high fever
- Poking and feeling a slight pain in the middle of the ear
- Getting irritated
- Yellow discharge from ears
- Disturbed and annoyed
Then you need to take an appointment to your consult doctor for your child
2. Symptoms and Signs for Adults:
In spite of this, if you are a grown-up person or you are facing any;
- Serious drainage of fluid from your ear
- Consciously or continuously ear pain
- Yellow, clear and even the bloody discharge from the ears
- Or even hearing diminished
Then you need to consult your doctor without having any single thought.
3. What are the causes of ear infections?
As far as the causes are concerned, ear infections are caused by a virus or bacteria in the middle ear. This infection or virus leads you towards the illness, flu, cold or sometimes become the reason for allergy that causes the congestion, and swelling in Eustachian tubes.
Those who are not familiar about the Eustachian tubes so basically it is a pair of narrow tubes that helps to regulate your air pressure in the middle ear, plus it helps to refresh the air, and also helps and drain all the normal secretions from your middle ear.
4. What are the risk factors and consequences of Ear infections?
It is a well-known thing that to avoid pain or like taking it to light whether it is a fever or minor headache leads you towards the most dangerous or severe situations. So the same goes with these ear infections as well. Apart from this, most of the times due to our own fault and surrounding we allow or face the infections and other virus issues. So no matter if you are a child or even a grownup/ adult and still taking this light then the consequences which you can get or face as a result are;
- Exposure or allowing more infections
- Immune system problems
- And other greater risks especially during the winter and fall season
- Despite this, those who use to smoke or taking any tobacco or drugs on a daily basis, allowing bacterial infections. Rest of this, make sure that the surrounding where you live is not polluted because most of the times it is the air that becomes the reason for ear infections.
So make sure that you are taking care of yourself and your dear ones from the above-mentioned precautions and risks for a healthy, better, and sustainable living.
5. What are the early stage preventions to keep yourself or a child safe from ear infections?
There are hardly few people who know these early stage preventions tricks to keep their selves and their child away from the ear infections.
- Make sure that you have an eco-friendly environment. Especially try not to smoke at home.
- Always try to concern your ear doctor, try to visit at the end of the month for a general or random ear checkup. Make sure that you timely visit your hearing doctor for a hearing test.
- After the advancement like spas and parlor, there are ear cleaning centers for both man and woman so try to visit there for your ear cleaning and make sure that the environment and the cleaning instruments are eco-friendly and sanitized properly.
- If you have a child then, keep your eyes active and be very picky about your child vaccinations. Sometimes seasonal flu, pneumococcal, and other bacterial viruses shots or become the reason of infection. Early stage vaccinations help to prevent your baby from any sort of ear and other viral diseases as well.
- Another major or common thing which is noticeable is to popping a fee-bottle in the baby's mouth especially when they are lying down. 70 to 80 percent of mothers do this, so please aware and change this habit as it becomes the reason for your baby's ear infection. Make sure that you put a feed-bottle in your baby's mouth in an upright way or position.
- Make sure to clean and properly wash your hands after eating and drinking. Avoid eating sharing food and making sure that you take care of yourself more during the cold and seasonal changing weather. Most of the times, a minor mistake and ignorance become the reason for our serious infections.
- If your baby is newly born then without any asking breastfeed your baby at least 6 months ceaselessly without preferring or using any bottle feed. According to the survey, it has been noticed and tested that bottle feed effects and become the source link of ear infection. Apart from this, breastfeeding helps to provide protection as the breast milk contains a huge amount of antibodies that plays an important and vital role and keeps your baby protected from any ear infections.
Most of my prevention and risk precautions are highlighted the babies and child's points. Why? Because as a grownup person we can feel, tell, and examine the pain, but the age of babies, newly born, and kids can't even express and examine their pain. So it is especially a highlighted note for all mothers to take and consider an additional and extra care for their babies.
6. Types of Ear infections:
Like the other infections and diseases, this ear infection also has different stages and types. Commonly there are 3 (three) types of ear infections.
- Inner ear infection
- Middle ear infection
- Outer ear infection
a) Inner ear infection:
In this case, mostly an ear pain and inflammation symptoms are the indications but if you are also facing any;
- Nausea and
So, this is also a sign of indication of having an inner ear infection. So make sure that when you feel anything related to the mentioned symptoms you have a right and direct call of your ear specialist or doctor. Taking these pain and symptoms light may lead you towards the inner ear serious infection which is known as meningitis.
b) Middle ear infection:
Middle ear means the middle area or part of your ear which is directly the right behind your eardrum. Those who are non-serious and taking no serious action when having the middle ear pain allowing the serious otitis media infection which is the second name of middle ear infection. The symptoms of having the middle ear pain or infection causes;
- A Sense of fullness in your ear
- Fluid drainage
- Hearing trouble and all
So make sure that you have an early stage treatment when you are facing these issues in your ear.
c) Outer ear infection:
The last but not least type of ear infection is the outer ear infection. This part or area of the ear is directly right next to your head those who are having the outer ear infection name them the otitis externa. The symptoms and alarming signs of this ear infection are
- Itchy Rashe
- Ear swollen issue
- Redness outside the ear
- And pain as well
So if you are facing any of these issues that mean you have an outer ear infection. So same as the above make sure that you have a right picking of your ear doctor or consultant for your medication.
7. What are the treatments?
Well, as far as the infection or any other serious bacterial, or ear pain is concerned then no doubt antibiotics and the right ear specialist is one of the reliable and finest solutions to get rid of the ear infection or pain.
8. Home effective and quick remedies for ear infections:
Apart from the doctors, and all the antibiotics treatments there are also few other quick and effective ways which you can pick and get rid of your ear pain, and infections. But one thing which I need to clarify here first is that, don't try to apply or use it at your serious or severe infection or bacterial/ virus level.
So, some of the quick and effective home remedies for the earache and infections are as listed down below.
- Cold or warm compress
People often prefer to use ice packs or the damps heating pads washcloth as it helps to relieve the ear pain. And it gives you a quick, effective and soothing recovery. The good thing about this home remedy is that it is safe for both child and adult. So one can easily apply and use this remedy on a daily basis or even in a repetitive day form without any worries. But make sure that the alternate compress timings gap are around between 10 mminutes
- Olive oil
Olive oil is also known as a folk recovery. So a few daily basis olive oil drops simply keep you away and protected from any ear pain or infection.
- Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is also one of the effective remedies as it contains antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties.
- Perfect way of sleeping
Make sure that your sleep position is fine. Don't try to pressure your ear during the time of sleeping.
So, these all are the tricks, tactics, and ways through which you can keep yourself protected and safe from any harmful ear pain and bacterial infections. For further details and elaborations, feel free to visit other general medical sites.